MOSCOW - Washington's approach to resolving the Ukraine crisis has yet to address the root causes of the conflict, said Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov on Tuesday.
"We have not heard any signal from (US President Donald) Trump to Kyiv about ending the war," Ryabkov told the International Affairs magazine, adding that "the only approach being pursued is an attempt to establish a framework that would first achieve a ceasefire, as conceived by the Americans."
Ryabkov emphasized that Moscow takes Washington's proposed models and solutions for Ukraine very seriously but cannot accept them outright.
Russia has "a deeply and carefully thought-out set of our own priorities and approaches to this topic", he added.
Three days of technical-level negotiations on the details of a potential ceasefire in Ukraine were held last week in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, between US and Ukrainian delegations, and between US and Russian delegations.
READ MORE: Kremlin: Russia-US talks on Ukraine continue amid difficulties
The negotiations came as fighting on the battlefields remained intense amid deep-seated distrust, conflicting demands among stakeholders, and the inherent complexities of the process, analysts said.